Today we are looking at typical chores around the house. You will get the infinitive and first person Singular of each verb. In another posting we will look at past tense forms of these verbs.
Infinitive
|
1st Person Singular
|
abwaschen
to wash the dishes
|
ich wasche ab
|
abtrocknen
to dry the dishes
|
ich trockne ab
|
aufräumen
to tidy up
|
ich räume auf
|
bügeln
to iron
|
ich bügele
|
das Bett machen
to make the bed
|
ich mache das Bett
|
Staub saugen
to vacuum
|
ich sauge Staub
|
kochen
to cook
|
ich koche
|
den Müll raus bringen
to take the garbage out
|
ich bringe den Müll raus
|
sauber machen
to clean
|
ich mache sauber
|
Fenster putzen
to clean the windows
|
ich putze Fenster
|
Staub wischen
to dust
|
ich wische Staub
|
den Tisch decken
to lay the table
|
ich decke den Tisch
|
den Tisch abräumen
to clear the table
|
ich räume den Tisch ab
|
die Blumen giessen
to water the flowers
|
ich giesse die Blumen
|
die Wäsche waschen
to do laundry
|
ich wasche die Wäsche
|
Beispiel - example:
Ich mache jeden Tag mein Bett.
I make my bed every day.
Einmal pro Woche giesse ich die Blumen.
Once a week I water the flowers.
Ich muss immer den Müll raus bringen.
I always have to take the garbage out.
Ich decke oft den Tisch, aber ich finde es schrecklich langweilig.
I often lay the table but I find it awfully boring.
I bügele lieber als dass ich Staub sauge.
I prefer ironing to vacuuming.
No comments:
Post a Comment